Tool and Gage Maker - 2nd ShiftBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01474923 Most Recent Date Posted 09/21/2021 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
We have an amazing Opportunity right now as a Tool and Gage maker 2nd shift.
Perform a variety of tool and gage making functions with assistance and direction from Sr. Tool & Gage Makers to support various machines and equipment within the business unit and other areas of the facility.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Read and work from blueprints, sketches, drawings, and piece samples, layout durable tools for the purpose of machining and/or inspection
- Perform machining processes to conduct alterations and necessary repairs on tools, gages and fixtures
- Understand the use and care of basic hand tools and precision measuring equipment to complete complex compound angled set-ups
- Perform set-ups with proficiency, in a safe manner
- Ensure that all fixtures and gages (simple and complex) are calibrated and/or fabricated to specifications
- Provide written and verbal technical support to internal and external customers
- Understand and work to the Pratt & Whitney tool-related procedures
- Fabricate and Calibrate ID/OD gages for inspection of diameters; precisely compute compound angles
- Ensure that tools are properly identified with all information including tool number, weight and change letter
- Execute related SAP transactions thoroughly and accurately
- Adhere to procedures for machine sign-in, clean-up and maintenance of equipment, clocking procedures, tooling sign-out for inventory management, and vacation scheduling
- Follow EHS guidelines and procedures such as use of proper P.P.E., following Job Safety Analysis work sheets and watch for the safety of co-workers
- Work to ACE initiatives following guidelines; contribute to continuous improvement of all work related functions
- Flexibility around shifts, for training and to maintain workflow, to include overtime
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- 1 + years of related experience or a completed degree/certificate from a post-secondary or vocational school in a related field with 0-1+years related experience
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced shop math, algebra, trigonometry, and geometry
- Understand the use and care of machinery, basic hand tools and precision measuring equipment
- Working knowledge of silver and soft soldering
- Working knowledge of welding and heat treat applications
- Excellent computer skills
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms