Machining Cell Operator I-Grade 84-Weekend ShiftBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01410030 Date posted 09/24/2020 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Set up and operate NC milling machines, vertical turret lathes or VTC’s to perform routine production operations on a variety of similar weldments and assemblies.
- Work from operation sheets, part travelers, BOROPS, and oral instruction to set up equipment for turning, facing, boring and chamfering operations involving a limited number of surfaces to be machined.
- Verify conformance of finished work to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Maintain Operator Certification to be able to accept/reject parts.
- Maintain machines by performing required total preventive maintenance (TPM)
- Work with engineers, quality assurance, programmers and other production personnel or others to resolve machining problems and assist in part process development.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- 1 – 3 years of related experience, or a completed degree/certificate from a post-secondary or vocational school in a related field with 0-1+years related experience
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to make computations involving decimals and fractions
- Ability to set up machines, troubleshoot, do standard walk-arounds and inspect own work
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms