Maritime Principal InvestigatorBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 162289BR Date posted 05/22/2020 City RI State Cambridge Country MA
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience capturing contracts and leading teams developing cutting edge solutions to join their Physical Sciences & Systems business unit located just outside Newport, Rhode Island.
Who we are
Raytheon BBN offers an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to cutting edge research. Career growth is encouraged through participation in leading research conferences, on-site training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
What you will do
The successful candidate will have experience both capturing pursuits and bringing the programs vision to reality including technical leadership and execution. As a principal investigator you’ll be expected to develop concepts with government R&D customers and acquire contract funding to support bringing them to reality. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background in system design; software development; underwater acoustic propagation and scattering, and statistical signal processing.
What you will need
* Active US Government Secret security clearance.
* At least 10 years of relevant DoD industry experience in area of expertise.
* History of winning contract work from Gov’t R&D organizations; and a strategy to be successful.
* Demonstrated experience leading capture and proposal activities.
* Demonstrated experience creating and growing new business lines in the R&D community.
* Demonstrated technical leadership on programs from system concept design through first prototype.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, Come Join Our Team! We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, paid parental leave, paid time off, and many other employee discounts.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.