Senior Technical Project ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Job ID 01390065 Date posted 09/24/2020 City Brooklyn State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
As a Technical Project Manager within our Data Products portfolio group that resides within our Digital Accelerator group, you will be a major contributor to the ongoing execution and delivery of our suite of Data Science products for use and distribution within Raytheon Technologies. We are looking for a passionate and highly experienced PjM that has both technical and business acumen. We are looking for someone that has the analytical skills and broad experience for identifying gaps that may become risks, identify mitigation strategies for issues, interpreting from several types and styles of communication within a team to drive towards agreements, and to work with the teams to lead decisions often within uncertainty. You will be working in a dynamic, high-performing, highly visible data science environment alongside experienced data scientists, product managers, user experience designers as well as software, QA and dev ops engineers – all who strive for excellence and innovation in work product and performance.
Technical Project Managers are key members of our cross-functional teams. You will combine your problem solving and analytical skills to identify, quantify, and tackle highly technical complex real-world problems. Working with the Associate Director, Project Management of the RTX Digital Accelerator, your role is focused on bringing the team together to execute on plans and deliver excellence. You will lead agile scrum project teams in the design, development, and release of data science products to a variety of local and cloud-based platforms. You will be asked to identify risks and issues and help develop mitigation strategies and reconciliation to closure.
- Lead agile scrum standups and ceremonies for execution teams to deliver through a CI/CD release cadence.
- Work with tech lead and resource management to ensure resource assignments are identified and secured.
- Analyze risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with cross-functional teams to work effectively with technical and non-technical partners.
- Recommend digital strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Co-lead the implementation, operation, support and maintenance of project legal, compliance, privacy, impact and risk assessments in collaboration with the International Trade Compliance team.
- Consistently adhere to company standards, standard methodologies and recommend new standards where appropriate.
- Actively mentor junior Technical Project Managers.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related technical field. Agile certification required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of technical project management experience with digital teams in an enterprise environment with full understanding of agile software development life cycle.
- Proven track record of technology acumen with attention to detail applied in the role of an agile-based project manager.
- 2+ years of work within a multi-platform (local, cloud, on-prem, mobile, etc.) connected product
- 3+ years of experience as scrum master on highly visible projects using the agile methodology
- Experience collaborating with highly skilled front-end and back-end software engineers, along with UX designers, research analysts, data scientists and DevOps engineers.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD pipeline and infrastructure to deliver cloud solutions including GIT, Docker, Jenkins.
- Experience with building stable and performant infrastructure platforms that scale.
- Knowledge of types of database structures and their differences /nuances including MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, Hadoop & Elasticsearch.
- Knowledge with teamwork and project tools like Portfolio, Confluence, Jira, GitHub, 1000ft.
- Experience serving as liaison between product owner and software developers and ability to clearly articulate business objectives and user needs to develop technological solutions that are scalable and repeatable.
- Fundamental understanding of data science methodologies and predictive sciences.
- Ability to travel to business locations (primarily domestic) 20% of the time once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Working within the Digital Accelerator will provide a unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within an enterprise company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent to RTX's best-in-class services and products. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers. You will have the ability to grow your career, expand your skills, and explore new technologies within the context of our cross-discipline organization that is leading RTX’s digital transformation.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.