Senior Technical Project Manager - Data ScienceBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Job ID 01408079 Date posted 08/26/2020 City Brooklyn State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Project Manager who will directly impact the next-generation of our data science products and services. You will play a hands-on role in the development and design of new digital applications and improvements to our existing digital portfolio. You will be exposed to all software system components, including: the UI, backend systems, databases, performance tuning, security design, and mobile as well as desktop deployments. You will have the ability to grow your career, expand your skills, and explore new technologies within the context of our cross-discipline organization that is leading RTX’s digital transformation.
This role will work closely with RTX’s Data Science team plus engineering, design, operations and product teams to challenge boundaries.
Working with the Associate Director, Project Management of the Digital Accelerator, you should be passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to our customers and be an avid consumer of trends in mobility, design, technology, innovation and management. You will lead agile project teams in the design, development, and management of digital products and services, from early conceptual definition, to design and development, through launch and adoption.
- Dedicated technical project manager to all data science projects and products
- Lead software development life cycle activities for product teams, develop detailed task level SDLC plans and partner with project manager and tech lead through all the phases of the life-cycle.
- Ensure technical feasibility of implementing AI/ML requirements within project timelines
- Work with tech lead and resource management to ensure resource assignments are collected and met
- Directly handle Data Science team resources, running sprints using Agile methodology and cadence
- Lead IT infrastructure design and deployment (on-premises and cloud) and help architect digital solutions and products.
- Lead user testing and report results—adjust requirements as needed
- Analyze risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action.
- Bridge Waterfall and Agile methodologies to ensure alignment.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with cross-functional teams to work effectively with technical and non-technical partners
- Recommend digital strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Co-lead the implementation, operation, support and maintenance of project legal, compliance, privacy, impact and risk assessments in collaboration with the International Trade Compliance team.
- Consistently adhere to company standards, standard methodologies and recommend new standards
- Actively mentor junior Technical Project Managers.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related technical field. Agile certification required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of technical project management experience with digital teams in an enterprise environment with full understanding of agile software development life cycle.
- 2+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience as scrum master on highly visible projects using the agile methodology
- Experience collaborating with highly skilled front and backend software engineers, along with, research analyst, data scientist and DevOps.
- In depth knowledge of machine learning, data analytics, and data science use-cases and processes and cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD infrastructure and tools to deliver Cloud solutions, GIT, Docker, Jenkins, VSTS
- Experience with building stable and performant infrastructure platforms
- Knowledge of databases including MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, Hadoop & Elasticsearch
- Shown knowledge with teamwork and project tools like Aha, Confluence, Jira, GitHub, Rally, 1000ft.
- Experience serving as liaison between product owner and software developers and ability to clearly articulate business objectives and user needs to develop technological solutions that are scalable and repeatable
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.