Project ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Job ID 01409820 Date posted 09/17/2020 City Brooklyn State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
We are seeking highly motivated Project Manager to join our Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn, NY. You will combine your problem solving & analytical skills to identify, quantify, and solve real world problems leveraging best of breed digital technologies. This role will also work closely with RTX’s engineering, data science, design & product teams to challenge the boundaries of what’s possible.
Reports to the Associate Director, Project Management at the RTX Digital Accelerator. A successful candidate will be passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to our customers, and be an avid consumer of trends in mobility, design, technology, innovation & management. They will lead agile project teams in the design, development & management of digital products & services, from early conceptual definition, to design & production, launch & adoption.
This position will provide the opportunity to operate in a unique environment that bridges consulting and a large industrial Fortune 50 company.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Core responsibilities are focused on creating the structure for a multi-disciplinary team to work, team building, opening lines of communication, ensuring on-time and in-scope delivery.
- Oversight & management of digital projects including assessment, execution, tracking, resource management, reporting, process management
- Collaborate closely across cross-functional business & technical teams. Set expectations and guide project execution
- Manage all project types – some with more oversight than others — including: alignment workshops, conceptual design phases, product development workflow.
- Communicate with key BU stakeholders. Provide visibility of scope at all times while having awareness of the input of the project teams, roles & responsibilities of new team members, studio leads.
- Plan & coordinate strategic conversations with senior business stakeholders
- Partner across teams to help drive readiness and quality
- Consult with technical and creative teams to develop a clear plan and next steps for design and development activities
- Serve as a single point of contact for project status & issue resolution
- Raise and remove obstacles related to project execution
- Ensure all deliverables (often times complex/interdisciplinary/interlinked) are clearly specified, scoped, agreed across teams
- Manage projects for successful delivery – should be comfortable with multiple stakeholders, ambiguous & complex situations
- Ensure all team members understand the project requirements and rationale
- Expert at documenting, reporting status, managing multiple work streams
- Recommend & utilize digital tools to increase transparency & communication
- Consistently adhere to company standards & best practices
- Contribute to discipline goals & process development
Education: BA or BS degree or equivalent practical experience in related technical field
- 7+ years of project/program management experience working with digital teams; experience at both a design studio and a large corporate environment preferred
- Experience coaching & leading multiple teams
- Strong grasp of Waterfall & Agile project methodologies
- Demonstrated effectiveness at developing plans, prioritizing activities, driving execution
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present complex information clearly and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills. Experience coordinating multiple work streams simultaneously
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and influence outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities. Strong work ethic
- Certifications a plus: Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner, Agile Practitioner, SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) or Project Mgmt Professional (PMP)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.