Field Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Job ID 156011BR Date posted 01/29/2020 City NY State Boston Country MA
Raytheon Intelligence & Space's Field Engineering has opportunities for SEDs Site lead in the NE U.S. region. Site-Leads are the technical liaison for the Deployment and Logistics Division (DLD) checkpoint DC or IC throughout the lifecycle of each project and shall be familiar with all Checkpoint systems at all assigned airports in support of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Provide project planning, coordination and technical advice to facilitate checkpoint security screening equipment installation, removal and relocation.
- Be required to obtain and maintain, for the life of the project, an airport badge with escort privileges for each airport within their responsibility.
- Keep the checkpoint DC/IC informed on project progress and issues to avoid negative impacts to schedule, cost or performance.
- On occasion, be required to support surveys of potential projects at sites as directed by the checkpoint DC/IC, and inform the checkpoint DC/IC and the DLD checkpoint design team about any new airport/airline projects at assigned airports as they become known.
- Three (3) years of Project Management experience, two (2) years of which occurred in an airport;
- Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager (preferably construction management) with on-time, on-budget projects, taking into consideration complexities and schedule history for comparable projects;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders on a single project;
- Experience in planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for construction projects;
- Management experience on work performed by field staff and sub-contracting firms;
- Experience in resolving compliance issues with federal, state and local authorities on design specifications;
- Thorough understanding of airport construction practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities. Including understanding of floor loading, electrical infrastructure, seismic requirements, and rigging complexities;
- Familiarity with the Checkpoint Requirements Planning Guide for Checkpoint operations
Security Clearance Requirement:
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance (EOD) with the TSA.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related technical discipline, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience, OR an Associate Degree with 10 years of related experience OR High School and 12 years of related experience, training and education may substitute for the degree.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.