Finance/Accounting Intern (Summer 2021)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01407558 Date posted 09/09/2020 City New Berlin State Wisconsin Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HWI31: US183-New Berlin, WI 5349 S Emmer Dr , New Berlin, WI, 53151 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Following established procedures, performs detailed accounting requiring a basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles. Work is subject to general review and under the direction of senior accounting personnel.
- Provides general analysis support in various accounting functions such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cost Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, General Accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and the like.
- Reviews and analyzes journal entries, accounting classifications and other accounting/financial statements, records and reports.
- Assists higher level accountants in a variety of accounting assignments such as: analyzing balance sheet account balances, making adjustments and closing entries, preparing profit and loss statements, inventory, receipts and disbursements, material and overhead cost analysis.
- Additional exposure to and support for standard and ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms