Applications EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01473283 Most Recent Date Posted 10/11/2021 City New Berlin State Wisconsin Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HWI31: US183-New Berlin, WI 5349 S Emmer Dr , New Berlin, WI, 53151 USA
This position is a key technical resource for the Sales and Programs teams, and is responsible for technical application engineering and customer support activities related to the Wired Systems line of products and services. Working in conjunction with Sales, Programs, Engineering, Operations, and Quality, the Application Engineer is a key technical advisor and product advocate who identifies and helps implement solutions in pursuit of customer satisfaction and company goals in all stages of the sales and production/manufacturing cycle. The Application Engineer must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Assists in the definition, development and implementation of electrical and mechanical components and assemblies as defined by customer or internal engineering requirements
- Resolves technical product and application issues for customers - consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives
- Provides pre-sales support to customers and sales/program teams
- Assists in the manufacturing and producibility of First-Time Product builds or prototype build
Provide technical review and guidance for manufacturability, labors estimates, time studies, tooling requirements, and part/component solutions including identifying part and component alternates along with some support of the same activities for a sister site
Communication with customers regarding designs and drawings as well as specifications and application of such
Provide technical assistance and guidance to production, manufacturing, and Quality with respect to assembly procedures, processes, and customer requirements
Some product prototype builds or first-time build and assembly may be required as well as training for production and assembly staff
- Some travel to customer sites for technical support or guidance with installations on aircraft or aircraft surveys, as well as technical meetings
- Join customer calls and meetings for technical assistance
- Support of harness integration efforts
- Develop and support fabrication drawings and build aids for prototype builds
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in technical field with 1-3 years of related work experience, or an associate degree with 5 years of related experience.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good technical aptitude in electrical and mechanical systems and harnessing integration
Aircraft experience is a plus
- Proven organizational skills with demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, and drive projects to completion
- Demonstrated process/applications expertise
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders to influence others in a diverse and dynamic work environment
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with customers worldwide
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with solid work management skills
- Forward thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Ability to travel, including on short notice
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms