Malware Analyst / CSOC Analyst Tier 3Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Public Trust Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 177912BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Morrisville State NC Country United States
An experienced Malware Analyst / CSOC Analyst Tier 3 in needed to support our customer’s Tier 3 (Incident Response) under Threat Detection in Morrisville, NC.
- Identification of Cybersecurity problems which may require mitigating controls
- Analyze network traffic to identify exploit or intrusion related attempts
- Recommend detection mechanisms for exploit and or intrusion related attempts
- Provide subject matter expertise on network based attacks, network traffic analysis, and intrusion methodologies
- Analyze attachments and URLs for malicious code
- Conduct forensic analysis on systems which may have been compromised
- Work with law enforcement if needed for handoff of forensic evidence
- Execute operational processes in support of response efforts to identified security incidents
- The position requires U.S. Person status or a Non-U.S. Person status and be eligible to obtain authorization.
- Must have malware analysis experience
- Must have malware reverse engineering experience
- 6+ years IT security experience and a Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years’ experience in network traffic analysis
- Strong working knowledge of:
- Boolean Logic
- TCP/IP Fundamentals
- Network Level Exploits
- Threat Management
- Regular Expressions
- Knowledge of Control Frameworks and Risk Management techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of IDS/IPS technologies, trends, vendors, processes and methodologies
- Strong understanding of common IDS/IPS architectures and implementations
- Strong understanding of IDS/IPS signatures, content creation and signature characteristics including both signature and anomaly-based analysis and detection
Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
Desired Certifications (one or more desired):
DOD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II; CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA, GCFA, GREM, GNFA, GCIH, GSEC, or GSE
* Relocation is not offered
* This is a full-time salaried position
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.