Hardware & Software Asset Analyst – TaniumBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Public Trust Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 176058BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/06/2021 City Morrisville State NC Country United States
An experienced Hardware & Software Asset Analyst – Tanium is need to support our customer’s Cybersecurity Engineering team. An engineer who understands how the Hardware / Software Asset Management program of a large enterprise should work is needed to support the team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
This position will be located on site in Morrisville, NC.
Job responsibilities & required skills:
- Candidate will assess network threats such as computer viruses, exploits, and malicious attacks
- Determine true threats, false positives and network system misconfigurations and provide solutions in a timely manner
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the analysis of tool outputs and providing recommendations for improving the overall security posture of the client
- Conduct heavy analysis of asset data to aggregate multiple data inputs and put assets into context to identify vulnerabilities and potential gaps
- Experience with endpoint management systems (e.g., Tanium, SCCM, BigFix, Symantec Endpoint
- Strong Splunk experience in creating effective dashboards, hunting cyber threats using event correlation, and acting on machine intelligence to remediate vulnerabilities and risk to the enterprise
- Netflow analytics for compliance and threat hunting
- Work with suppliers of data (e.g., WonMug, Cisco ISE, StealthWatch) to maximize efficiency and accuracy of data feeds into Splunk. Advise suppliers of potential features in their tools that could be activated to improve security (e.g., TrustSec and Security Group Tagging in ISE)
- Ability to map application components to identify security problems and provide solutions
- Analyze data imports into Splunk for accuracy and completeness; compare data from the various network security tools to identify overlaps and search for gaps.
- Conduct initial triage assessments of findings from network security tools
- Engages with other internal and external forces to get and share information to improve processes and security posture
- Troubleshoots application connectivity and performance through log analysis and network captures, etc.
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance – Position of Public Trust – and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance.
- 4+ years related experience and a Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Flexera/B|DNA, Tenable, ServiceNow, and enterprise network infrastructures
- Experience with ForeScout CounterACT, Cisco ISE, MobileIron, and Symantec
- Project planning experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Microsoft Office Suite of applications
Required Experience and Education:
- Extensive experience (4+ years) in information security operations and/or related IT operational functions.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, in an information technology discipline or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or IT work experience.
Desired Certifications (one or more desired):
CISSP, C|EH, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CISM, CCNA, CCNP, or a PMP
* Relocation is not provided.
* This is a full-time salaried position
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.