AI/ML Platform EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Public Trust Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 174710BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/06/2021 City Morrisville State NC Country United States
A highly skilled AI/ML Platform Engineer is needed to join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network.
The AI/ML Platform Engineering team is building a first-in-class platform of tools and services covering high-performance computing, ML training services, DevOps, model deployment, and metadata capture; the goal is to decrease AI/ML development/training cycle time and raise the quality bar on AI/ML's shipped services by drastically simplifying the process of AI/ML Engineering.
The AI/ML Platform Engineer should be comfortable turning a vague AI/ML project need into a functional, reusable component of the AI/ML Platform, complete with appropriate metrics, monitoring, and operations.
- Must be able to track record of writing quality, well-documented and well-tested code for services in the AI/ML space.
- Must be comfortable with modern, no sql platforms, traditional sql, log storage tools such as Splunk.
- Must have a strong sense for the abstractions needed to represent ML processes with little to no tie-in to particular tools in the ever-changing machine learning software ecosystem.
Location: Morrisville, NC.
- Drive the system architecture and design decisions for Splunk’s machine learning infrastructure, for both cloud and on-premise environments, and for both batch and stream-based processing.
- Design, develop, determine test strategy, test, and maintain key software improvements related to machine learning capabilities at Splunk.
- Work in a team with product managers and data scientists, as the software engineering technical leader, to develop novel solutions for our most difficult data-based challenges.
- Experience with a Log Platform such as Splunk or Elasticsearch
- The ability to communicate model results as dashboards or charts and the ability to work with visualization teams to maximize the impact of your model
- Proven experience of work in high-performance computing, DevOps / MLOps.
- Experience in the application of best practices for software engineering and high-performance computing in the AI/ML and data spaces, and experience with helping others adopt them via code reviews or similar
- Highly accomplished in software engineering with intermediate to advanced skills in python and experience standing up services.
- In-depth understanding of modern ML platforms and backend systems
- Develop the technical vision and roadmap for the application
- Be a great teammate who enjoys collaborating with, learning from, mentoring, and teaching other team members to build a positive work environment..
- Advise leadership on data science best practices and building data-driven organizations
Must have at minimum 6+ years of relevant work experience.
The position requires U.S. Person status or a Non-U.S. Person be eligible to obtain Authorization.
Professional background in the cyber security is a plus but is not necessary.
College Degree in Computer Science or 3+ additional years of equivalent demonstrated work experience, in a related field.
* Relocation is not provided.
* This is a full-time salaried position.174710
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.