Mechanical Repair Technician IBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01424584 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Monroe State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC12: Customer Services - Monroe 4115 Corporate Center Drive, Monroe, NC, 28110 USA
Under direct to moderate supervision, the incumbent uses standard procedures to perform less complex & somewhat repetitive tasks while developing skills & techniques for assembling, disassembling, cleaning, inspecting while performing repair, overhaul & modification operations on components & accessories using approved technical data. Learn to recognize, report, and participate in real time problem resolution initiatives.
The Technician I must demonstrate the aptitude to learn, retain, recall & perform all of the following:
- Actively participate in ACE continuous improvement, environmental, health & safety activities.
- Remain informed of & understand Customer Service Level & Turn-Around Time goals for the team.
- Comply with & demonstrate adherence to safety policies & procedures to include shelf-life procedures.
- Comply with all site’s EH&S Program policies and procedures
- Demonstrate safe work habits & maintain a clean & professional work area & participate in daily cleaning activities.
- Utilize various computer systems by entering & retrieving information to perform normal daily activities.
- Work in close cooperation with your direct supervisor & other support personnel such as the Shop Engineer, Customer Service, Buyer, & Final Inspectors in a professional manner to resolve issues according to FAA & company regulations as directed.
- May interface with internal & external customers (government personnel or auditors) as necessary.
- Assume the responsibility of completing the work assigned in a quality & timely manner under direct to moderate supervision.
- Work with peers to resolve questions & problems, referring complex issues to higher levels as required.
- Perform other duties as required to achieve team goals.
- Work to specifications & use all required tools & equipment to perform assigned work according to FAA & company regulations.
- Assist in the major & minor assembly, disassembly, cleaning, inspection & disposition of various types of components & accessories under direct to moderate supervision as required.
- Check & validate LRU fit, form & function parameters in accordance with approved technical data.
- Assist with test, troubleshoot & validate LRU performance in accordance with approved technical data.
- Assist with minor rework/repair of components & identify scrap components & accessories under direct to moderate supervision as required.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs)
- High School Diploma or AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with less than 2 years of relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Ability to utilize computer systems (SAP, MS Office, Etc.) to input & retrieve information
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and community culture
- Proven track record of delivering timely results in ethical and safe manner
- Coachable with the ability to work through challenges, sometimes with minimal guidance
- Internal and External customer focused to provide a safe and quality product
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high-quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable, and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms