Manager, Supplier Quality EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 190131BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/17/2021 City Minneapolis State MN Country United States
The Manager, Supplier Quality Engineer is the primary quality interface between Raytheon’s RMD organization and the external supply base. The SQE provides both communication of requirements and performance feedback to the supplier as well as being a conduit for Quality information back to internal functions within RMD. The SQE’s role includes execution of Supplier Assessments, First Article Inspection validation, Source Inspection, problem resolution, meeting facilitation and continuous improvement activities. In addition, the SQE is a key player in the management of Supplier performance and development. The SQE represents RMD professionally and supports Raytheon Technologies Vision, Values, Strategy and Goals in the supply base.
This position covers an assignment as a Field Supplier Quality Engineer in the Minneapolis, MN region.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Interpreting purchase order quality notes and quality requirements to ensure subcontractor/supplier understanding
• Ensuring flow down of Product requirements both internally and to sub-tier suppliers and ensuring compliance with quality requirements
• Assessing subcontractor/supplier quality capabilities throughout the program life cycle to achieve full program objectives
• Identifying supplier risk and systemic performance issues ensuring root-cause analysis and corrective solutions are identified and implemented with closure plans
• Driving continuous product / process improvements using statistical / analytical improvement tools such as Six Sigma and lean methodologies
• Working with other Quality functions and Cross Business Teams (CBTs), to affect rapid closure of issues utilizing analytical capabilities and communications skills
• Ensuring Subcontract Data Requirements List deliverables are met
• Supports the First Article Verification and Source Inspection
Qualifications you must Have:
• minimum of 8 years experience in Quality Engineering
•Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM).
•Practical knowledge of Aerospace or commercial equivalent Preventative tools - SPC, FMEA, QFD, PPAP, APQP etc.
•Practical knowledge of Root Cause Corrective Action processes
•General understanding of commercial and aerospace / defense regulations and standards- AS9100, AS9102, ISO-9000, AS9145
•Knowledge in hardware inspection techniques
Qualifications We Value:
•MS Engineering / Technical or MBA
•Proven successes in building and maintaining relationships with multiple suppliers / customers
•Experience in DoD product and process oversight including requirements, build, integration, test and delivery
•Experience working remotely
•General Statistical Process Control knowledge, including implementation
•General knowledge of aerospace / defense products and systems technologies
•General knowledge of industry technical standards (such as ANSI, CMMI, ASTM, etc.)
•Strong technical engineer with excellent communication skills that exhibits presence and influence and self-managed technical contributor
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.