F135 Senior Process & Methods Engineer (2nd Shift)Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01471723 Most Recent Date Posted 09/20/2021 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
Senior Process & Methods Engineer
Job Code: UTC1037 (Senior Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering)
The Pratt & Whitney Oklahoma City Heavy Maintenance Center (HMC) Senior Process and Methods Engineer will provide process engineering guidance to the MRO production line to support production deliveries. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain user-friendly engine and/or module maintenance work instruction master data in Solumina (or similar software) based on approved technical data and utilizing industry best practices, mistake proofing, lessons learned and feedback from the production floor
- Provide timely, accurately defined work scope definitions for engine and/or module repair that are comprehensive, clear, concise, cost effective, and support the delivery of a quality product that meets customer-defined requirements
- Read and provide interpretation of Engine Overhaul Manuals, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, Standard Practice Manual, Blue Prints and Component Maintenance Manuals as necessary to support production
- Provide disposition to work requests/work package changes using standard work processes and approved technical references for released work control documents
- Review technical data changes/revisions and implement necessary changes in work instruction master data; identify and report any changes that affect delivery schedule
- Work with engine managers and/or other staff members to maintain configuration control and reporting of engine data to ensure engine or module records are complete and accurate
- Apply ACE tools to identify and eliminate the root causes of process failures or escapes from HMC processes
- Participate in or lead teams, committees, events and training that improve the HMC organization and support achieving Cell and Site ACE objectives
- Perform gage R & R studies and process control as required
- Participate in or lead teams reviewing and investigating deficient material or product quality deficiencies; write thorough, concise and technically sound reports as required
- Develop and utilize robust standard work and desk procedures for HMC engineering processes
- Train, mentor and coach other team members in technical and process matters
- Perform any other related functions or support other MRO production lines as required by management to ensure the success of the enterprise
Typical Education Requirements:
- BS degree in an engineering discipline w/4–7+ years experience or,
- MS degree in an engineering discipline w/2–5+ years experience
Successful candidates will possess:
- 5+ years process or manufacturing engineering experience on gas-turbine engines preferred; Operational experience in an MRO engine facility is a definite plus
- The ability to work in cross-functional teams on a wide variety of tasks and with limited supervision.
- Experience applying strong interpersonal and communication skills to lead or facilitate teams to achieve successful results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint and Visio. Experience with enterprise resource planning systems such as SAP, Oracle or Infor is a definite plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work 1st (0700-1600) for training or 2nd (1500-2400) shift after the first month+ of training.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environmental, Health and Safety regulations, policies, procedures and best practices.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms