Maintenance PlannerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 173326BR Date posted 01/21/2021 City Midland Country Ontario
Raytheon ELCAN is the future of high precision electro-optical solutions for the aerospace and defence industry. We think differently to help customers see better and farther in any domain, against any challenge.
We are looking for a Maintenance Planner to join our winning team!
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities and Maintenance, the Maintenance Planner will be responsible for providing an initial screening of incoming work requests, analyzing the scope and level of planning required for completion, and assigning those tasks as necessary. The Maintenance Planner will determine emergency work requirements, make recommendations on equipment and machinery modifications, and will ensure an efficient scheduling process to manage work requests is implemented. The Maintenance Planner will ensure all aspects of the Raytheon ELCAN’s Health and Safety policies are followed and incorporated into the scheduling and planning of work requests.
- Plan jobs with the appropriate level of detail for the necessary Skilled Trades Person
- Prepare kits of parts required, based on work requests
- Gather necessary engineering or technical documents, specifications, and drawings for specific tasks
- Determine and arrange parts and materials required to perform the scheduled work
- Prepare weekly work schedules and arrange external resources as necessary
- Summarize and submit weekly reports of maintenance activities
- Plan and schedule capital projects, assist in the documentation required for capital expense approval
- Review and manage any work request backlogs, maintaining documentation for requests awaiting parts
- Provide monthly reports on delinquent work requests and weekly reports on Schedule Attainment
- Communicate consistently with equipment engineering, facilities, maintenance, engineering and operations staff
- Lead interactive planning sessions, holding meetings as required with key stakeholders
- Coordinate the overall planning and scheduling activities for projects, monitoring reviewing, analyzing and reporting on the status
- Interfaces with all areas of the business
- Updates preventative maintenance systems for continuous improvement purposes
- Ensure all follow up items are addressed from preventative maintenance activities and findings
- Recommends ways to increase maintenance cost effectiveness
- Other duties as requested
- Submits purchase requisitions for approval
- Receiving and storage of parts as they are delivered or returned unused
- Update equipment history based on feedback and skilled trade time sheets
- Assist in management of storage system for recommended stock levels, order points and quantities, generate purchase requests, follow up on materials received and goods in the system
- Monthly inventory cycle counts and one complete annual cycle count
- Completion of relevant Technical Diploma, Skilled Trade, Ticketed Journeyman
- 5-10 Years of related work experience, Supervisory/Management experience considered an asset
- Technical background, preferable in the facilities and maintenance field
- Experience with a CMMS system, and SAP would be an asset
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements and procurement
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate with all levels of the business
- Strong oral and written skills
- Can remain organized to prioritize work effectively
- Ability to work with numbers, and organize a large amount of data
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Good understanding of maintenance practices and methodologies
- Self motivated/directed, able to work towards goals and objectives with limited oversight
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position requires the successful issuance, transfer, or maintenance of a Canadian Secret Level security clearance. The successful candidate will be required to complete a background check, and pass a security clearance check after accepting a conditional offer of employment.
We offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of incentive program and company pension plan.
Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons.We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.173326
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.