Supplier Quality EngineerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01479346 Most Recent Date Posted 10/12/2021 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The selected candidate will support Cold Section Fan Supplier Quality by serving as a focal point working with Engineering, Customer Support, Procurement, and other functional disciplines to drive the quality signature in support of product delivery for critical high precision engine components.
- Execute supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, escape management, and quality issue resolution processes.
- Execute processes and procedures for supplier qualification / certification, source inspection and material release processes, and Correction Action Boards / DQ Clinics with suppliers.
- Manage supplier quality issues through monitoring / escalation processes, escape management, processing of supplier submission of non-conforming material and supporting internal MRB processes.
- Initiate part specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
- Support supplier qualification / certification.
- Performs Escape management procedures, drives root cause analysis & problem solving (Red-X & 8D) and recommends corrective and preventive action for systemic process and product design problems for product provided by suppliers.
- Proactively support the UTC Supplier Gold program to ensure healthy continuous improvement and sustainability.
- Analyzes quality data to identify systemic issues and develops supplier specific quality initiative strategies and addresses with key proactive quality tools (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, SPC, etc.), driving their implementation.
- Ensures that supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
- Bachelor’s and 3+ years of related experience or Master’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
- US Person Status required due to government contract
- Engineering or quality experience in the aerospace industry or equivalent environment.
- Understand internal and external customer requirements with a high attention to detail in resolving findings.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering technical data, such as manufacturing or part drawings, to provide guidance to cross functional teams.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as, strong presentation, planning, problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations regulatory requirements or work experience with government regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100, AS9102, & ISO
- Ability to process and communicate information using MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management, external customers, and government agencies.
- Quality system knowledge and familiarity with SAP System transactions.
- Six Sigma, or ASQ Certification a definite plus.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms