Staff Scientist I - Test EngineeringBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178654BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Middletown State RI Country United States
Who we are
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN Technologies have collaborated to resolve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical team members in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and create transformative solutions.
We are seeking a Test Engineer to support our Physical Sciences & Systems group in Newport, RI. If you are someone who is energized by new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking then Raytheon BBN Technologies is the place for you.
What you will do
- Develop, integrate, and test custom HW and SW with customer assets
- Develop driver software in C for support of customer HW designs
- Develop embedded high efficiency middleware software for multi-processing based systems
What you will gain
- Involvement in the technical components of solving our customer’s most complex problems
- Work with world class researchers and engineers who embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
- Be part of a team that plays a significant role in the security of our nation
- Opportunity to leverage your critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
What you need
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant discipline
- Formal test procedure writing and implementation
- Requirements tracking and verification
- Experience with test tracking software
- Position may require some amount of overnight travel
- Willingness to apply for and be granted a US Government security clearance
Additional Skills that would be awesome
- 2-6 years of experience
- Active/current US Government/DoD clearance
- Experience with both software and hardware testing
- DOORs experience
- Experience working with third-party test vendors
- Experience supporting test events at customer and installation sites
- Experience in QA or configuration management
- Meaningful written and verbal communication skills
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. Our culture enables all employees to find purpose, thrive, and succeed. By creating an environment where all opinions are valued, risk taking is encouraged, and excellence is rewarded, we allow our employees to do their best, most important work. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, Come Join Our Team!
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include – Paid Parental Leave – Adoption Assistance – Auto and Home Insurance – Child/Elder Back Up Care – College Coach – Retirement Planning Services – Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services – LifeResources – Employee Discount Program – Educational Assistance – Transportation Benefits – and Wellness Reward
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.