Senior Engineer, OME Fan/HPC StructuresBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01467741 Most Recent Date Posted 10/06/2021 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Provide structures analytical support for commercial and military programs, with responsibility for the durability and structural integrity of gas-turbine compressor components. This includes airfoils, rotors & shafts, cases, and actuation linkage systems. Responsibilities include:
- Provide analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service.
- Cover validation testing (engine and rig) and data-reduction.
- Support in-service field investigations.
- Use FE and classical methods for strength, stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life, damage tolerance, containment, kinematic and optimization analyses.
- Participate on multi-discipline teams to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight.
- Provide oversight and technical guidance for less experienced engineers and outsourced tasks.
- Coordinate with others to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods.
- Document and present results to management and external customers.
BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent).
5+ years of experience in structural analysis with demonstrated problem solving skills using FEM for stress/deflection, vibration, and performing LCF, HCF, Fracture Mechanics or Kinematics analyses or 3+ years of experience with an advance degree
Candidate must be a US citizen.
- MS Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- The preferred candidate will also have strong communication and task leadership/coordination skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms