Quality Cell Leader, AWWBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01472304 Most Recent Date Posted 09/30/2021 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. Responsible for leading a group of hourly Inspectors in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- This position will support hourly associates on AWW first shift Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Responsibilities include allocating work, assigning manpower and providing leadership for employees in the areas of EH&S, ACE, Quality and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Typical duties include, but are not limited to the following: interfacing with the other shift supervisor and management on daily key action activity (carryover); lead daily toolbox meetings, provide effective communications with members of management on activity status and plans; provide employee team development that is responsive to program requirements and changes.
- Establish standards and expectations for work effort and performance for subordinates.
- Give consistent feedback on performance to those standards.
- Effectively coach employees to improve performance when needed.
- Perform administrative functions as related to Bargaining Unit employees including maintaining training, quality and attendance records.
- Establish work schedules taking into account Customer requirements, resource availability and other priorities
- Operations experience within a Manufacturing and Quality environment
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles, i.e. Lean, ACE, QCPC, DIVE
- Excellent leadership, communication, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of Management.
- Established background in Quality functions, processes, and procedures, AS9100 and regulatory agency requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams using ACE Tools to obtain high levels of performance to accomplish goals.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelors in Engineering, Business or related field
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms