Process Manufacturing Engineer - CompositesBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01465601 Most Recent Date Posted 10/12/2021 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is seeking an experienced, proactive, and goal oriented professional to lead Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) execution on critical components in the Operations organization.
Execution of MRL elements to drive process control will dramatically improve the company’s quality and delivery signature. The Composites Process ME will be responsible for specific process or process family MRL advancement through the execution of MRL elements such as PFMEA, Control Plan & Gage R&R. The scope of this role will include both PW internal shop and supply chain components.
- Provide focused & effective leadership in the advancement of manufacturing process activities to drive manufacturing risk identification and mitigation to achieve superior quality performance.
- Identify & implement process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent quality turn backs /escapes and reduce overall product costs.
- As a key member of the manufacturing engineering organization, significant interaction with shop floor personnel, other manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, product designers, tool designers, systems designers, Manufacturing Engineering Fellows / Subject Matter Experts, and other stakeholders is required.
- Use statistical analysis tools to perform Root cause analysis and corrective actions on non-conforming product.
- The discipline and follow-through to fully document problem statements, observations, conclusions, calculations and recommendations.
- Work with senior management:
- Support the project pipeline process to select, prioritize and scope projects to business objectives, integrated with other continuous improvement activities and ACE/CORE initiatives.
- Schedule and facilitate periodic project reviews and ensure validation of MRL gate advancements. Use effective scorecards and metrics to ensure progress.
- Lead significant projects critical to improve manufacturing process capability & quality performance
- Represent the organization in various forums related to MRL execution. Develop standard work, procedures, and integrate industry-standard best practices.
- Participate in manufacturing process councils that drive systemic process improvements through baselining current process performance and developing continuous improvement actions to improve process standards.
- Drive manufacturing process technology development, including process modelling, through identification of opportunities to advancing MRL through to production implementation.
- Communicate lessons learned to:
- Process development/engineering to enable implementation of design for variation (DFV) and robust design methods (DFSS).
- Other operational organizations for read across implementation.
- Specific composite manufacturing process knowledge required:
- Autoclave, Compression Molding, Resin Transfer Molding, Injection Molding
- Implementation of new capital equipment and tooling from specification and ordering through delivery, installation and release to production.
- Help build and maintain shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, QAD/process control, and tooling definition/requirements.)
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in complex manufacturing activities
- Demonstrated proficiency leading and managing a portfolio of cross functional projects
- Effective team player with strong good interpersonal skills capable of influencing and getting cooperation and action from others.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written), work and relate with people at all levels of the organization and be self-sufficient.
- and ability to influence cross functional team
- Ability to encourage and motivate others to be successful.
- Six Sigma project leadership/management/coaching experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS office computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Able to use Minitab and other statistical software.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in statistics, data analytics, DOE, and multivariate statistics.
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- ACE/CORE/ 6 Sigma Practitioner/Professional certification
- Strong understanding of other continuous improvement skills: DFSS, Red-X, Lean, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 6 sigma Black Belt preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience (Manufacturing Engineering, Ops, Engr, Quality)
- 20 to 30%
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms