Process Manufacturing/Assembly EngineerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01481352 Most Recent Date Posted 10/18/2021 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney is seeking an experienced, proactive, and goal oriented professional to lead Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) execution on critical components in the Operations organization
Execution of MRL elements to drive process control will dramatically improve the company’s quality and delivery signature. The Process ME will be responsible for specific process or process family MRL advancement through the execution of MRL elements such as PFMEA, Control Plan & Gage R&R. The scope of this role will include both PW internal shop and supply chain components.
- Provide focused & effective leadership in the advancement of manufacturing process activities to drive manufacturing risk identification and mitigation to achieve superior quality performance.
- Identify & implement process optimization to eliminate/prevent quality turn backs /escapes and reduce overall product costs.
- As a key member of the manufacturing engineering organization, significant interaction with shop floor personnel, other manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, product designers, tool designers, systems designers, Manufacturing Engineering Fellows / Subject Matter Experts, and other stakeholders is required.
- Use statistical analysis tools to perform Root cause analysis and corrective actions on non-conforming product.
- Represent the organization in various forums related to MRL execution. Develop standard work, procedures, and integrate industry-standard best practices.
- Participate in manufacturing process councils that drive systemic process improvements through baselining current process performance and developing continuous improvement actions.
- Drive manufacturing process technology development, including process modelling, through identification of opportunities to advancing MRL through to production implementation.
- Specific manufacturing/assembly process knowledge required:
- Specific process discipline elements…..(assembly, engine system-level knowledge, engine test processes)
- Implementation of new capital equipment from specification and ordering through delivery, installation and release to production.
- Help build and maintain shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, QAD/process control, and tooling definition/requirements.)
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in complex manufacturing/assembly activities
- Demonstrated proficiency leading and managing a portfolio of cross functional projects
- Effective team player with strong good interpersonal skills capable of influencing and getting cooperation and action from others.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written), work and relate with people at all levels.
- Ability to encourage and motivate others to be successful.
- Six Sigma project leadership/management/coaching experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS office computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Able to use Minitab and other statistical software.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in statistics, data analytics, DOE, and multivariate statistics.
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- ACE/CORE/ 6 Sigma Practitioner/Professional certification
- Strong understanding of other continuous improvement skills: DFSS, Red-X, Lean, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 6 sigma Black Belt preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience (Manufacturing/Assembly Engineering, Ops, Engr, Quality)
- 20 to 30%
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms