Associate – Naval Architect EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 172049BR Date posted 11/24/2020 City Middletown State RI Country United States
Are you interested in solving real-world problems? Are you interested in playing a significant role in our nation’s security? Do you enjoy working in a culture that emphasizes innovation, teamwork, and technical excellence in a collegial work environment that values creativity and initiative? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
Who we are
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN Technologies have collaborated to resolve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical talent in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and create transformative solutions.
We are seeking a Naval Systems Engineer to support our Physical Sciences & Systems group in Newport, RI. If you are someone who is energized by new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking then Raytheon BBN Technologies is the place for you.
What you will do
- Design, Develop, integrate, maritime platforms
- Develop models of systems to drive requirements definition
- Develop models and modeling software to support platform design decisions and explore designt space.
What you will gain
- Involvement in the technical components of solving our customer’s most complex problems
- Work with world class researchers and engineers who embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
- Be part of a team that plays a significant role in the security of our nation
- Opportunity to leverage your analytical and troubleshooting skills
What you need
- BS in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, or relevant discipline
- 0-2 years of experience
- Experience developing time domain simulations of mechanical systems
- Experience developing modeling software using C/C++
- Position may require some amount of overnight travel.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
- Systems engineering experience for maritime or automotive systems
- Experience using fluid dynamics solvers (RANS or potential flow methods)
- Finite element modeling experience
- CAD experience with SolidWorks, Rhino, or other comparable environment
- Active/current US Government/DoD Secret clearance or higher
- Thorough written and verbal communication skills
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. Our culture enables all employees to find purpose, thrive, and succeed. By creating an environment where all points of views are valued, risk taking is encouraged, and excellence is rewarded, we allow our employees to do their best, most important work. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, Come Join Our Team!
We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, paid parental leave, paid time off, and many other employee discounts.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.