Software Engineering Co-op (Spring/Summer 2021)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01405674 Date posted 09/01/2020 City Melbourne State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
The Software team is seeking a motivated C#/web developer for a Software Engineering Co-op position. The right applicant will be involved in all phases of development: design, development, user training, implementation and support. Applications will be developed for the Web, Windows, and mobile platforms. Skill and experience desired in
Familiarity with Visual Studio, Git source control system, SAP, SOLID OOP principles and Model-View-View Model (MVVM) design methodology very desirable.
Position responsibilities include
- Assisting with basic and entry level support issues related to existing process center software and Access Control requests
- Contributing on mid-level level priority projects to facilitate earlier scheduling and completion of such projects.
- Learning and contributing on SMART Factory and IIOT related tools for basic database connectivity items, front end configurations and general support.
- Building new and maintaining existing windows-based .NET applications.
- Creating unit tests for application code.
- Creating systems/user level documentation.
- Participating in writing and/or reviewing software requirements, specifications and design documents.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes.
- Participating in testing and code reviews.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms