Storage EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 160471BR Date posted 04/13/2020 City McLean State VA Country United States
• Designing, installing testing, implementing storage area network technologies including iSCSI, FCoE, and Fibre Channel SANs
• Working knowledge of philosophy and practice underlying storage network operations
• Configuring and trouble-shooting both Windows and UNIX/LINUX based system connectivity
• Ability to utilize basic analysis resources to resolve routine network performance problems
• Experience deploying and managing network attached storage (NAS) systems and network file systems including NFS and CIFS
• Ability to provide basic explanation of technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Communication skills, both written and oral
• Demonstrated ability to be a quick learner who can work self - guided
• Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities
• Knowledge of Windows, Linux operating environments
• Personnel shall possess knowledge and experience in
• Operating storage networks and networking technologies, particularly identification and solution of problems, restart I recovery, additions, deletions, and modifications of network switches, and servers
• Analyzing network and storage characteristics (e.g. traffic time, connect time, transmission speeds, utilization, packet size, and throughput), performance, and recommending procurement, removals, and modification to network components.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess a TS/SCI with Poly and be eligible for crossover.
Required Education (including Major):
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum of eleven (11) years of experience required
Additional demonstration of expertise through the obtaining of industry standard certifications, and course work in key skill sets would be considered and valued similarly to the candidate having a Masters in Computer Science in needed area of expertise
|Job Code: CSMHiring|
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.