Sr. Satellite Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 161014BR Date posted 09/21/2020 City McLean State VA Country United States
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Satellite Systems Engineer to provide engineering support to a U.S. Government customer.
We are developing, and will be operating and sustaining a newly developed customer program which will include Command and Control, Data Analysis, and Mission Management.
As a Senior Satellite Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for understanding the entire system to include the FOS architecture, hardware, software, and all internal and external interfaces. You will monitor the FOS system status and provide technical support to all other mission operations team members. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Support customer test activities
- Provide system training
- Prepare, and often deliver, briefing materials to mid-level to senior client management
- Identify/Eliminate system vulnerabilities
- Perform troubleshooting
- Review technical specifications
- Support FOS ground system factory team to coordinate on-site activities
- Support Customer Review Board
- Perform all tasks allocated from the FOS System Manager
- Perform system checkout after system upgrades and/or system maintenance
- Ensure system resources are available to support all mission operations, training and maintenance activities.
- Anomaly resolution
- Masters degree and at least 8 years of related experience (additional work experience may be substituted in lieu of education)
- At least 5+ years Satellite Operations Center experience supporting operations and sustainment of ground systems.
- Knowledge of complex, distributed ground systems to include network (LAN/WAN) architecture, protocols and equipment
- Satellite Operations experience
- Knowledge of software and system test and validation processes
- Knowledge of the power, propulsion, communications systems down to the critical component level
- Configuration management experience
- Experience with standard operations procedures (SOP) development and validation.
- Ground System and Satellite I&T experience a plus
- Experience with software systems such as ECLIPSE ™, EQUINOX ™, and/or ATOM ™.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.