Network EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 173828BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City McLean State VA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies has an immediate opening for a Candidate to provide day-to-day support of the network infrastructure, including server and workstation installation and troubleshooting, network cabling, hands-on experience with TCP/IP including sub-netting, routing, Domain Name Services, network security, network configuration and management, and vendor product line familiarity on a fast paced program in the McLean, VA area.
Required Skills include but are not limited to the following:
The right candidate must have a minimum of eighteen (18) years of experience to include:
- Designing, installing testing, implementing and maintaining complex communication networks using and implementing network standards
- All aspects on local area communication networks
- Configuring and trouble-shooting both MS Windows and UNIX/Linux based system connectivity
- Fundamental understanding of the System Engineering and PM lifecycle
- VMWare and Virtualization Architecture/Design
- Ability to create and present complex systems designs
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Network Engineering, Design, Systems Administration
- Experience with Unix/Linux & Windows operating systems
- FORTRAN, C, and Java Programming
- Interpersonal skills as well as strong oral and written communications skills
The right candidate will possess knowledge and experience in:
- Operating networks, particularly identification and solution of problems, restart I recovery, additions, deletions, and modifications of network switches, and servers.
- Analyzing network characteristics (e.g. traffic time, connect time, transmission speeds, utilization, packet size, and throughput) and recommending procurement, removals, and modification to network components.
Current Clearance – US Citizen with a active TS/SCI with Positive Customer Polygraph and must be crossover eligible.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Eighteen (18) years of related experience
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.