Expert Level Network Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 153952BR Date posted 12/19/2019 City VA State Herndon Country VA
Work involves oversight and technical direction of system-wide issues requiring advanced levels of understanding of network theory and the specific enterprise network architecture; establishing overall strategic network standards and priorities; providing the highest level of technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of networking solutions; analyzing the optimization of network system performance; overseeing the strategic interface of network systems configuration; using and incorporating broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols. Additionally, these positions provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources on which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
• Work as part of a fast-paced, collaborative, multidiscipline team in support of U.S. Government and provide technical subject matter expertise in the field of network engineering and communications.
• Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (eg. LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Understands how the overarching INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements add to the complexity of these designs.
• Provide expert knowledge of network infrastructure, including routing, switching, gateways, VPNs, and MPLS networks including Type 1 cryptographic equipment.
• Performs a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies and technology layers (LAN, WAN, OS, IOS, etc.) within a single, enterprise network. Evaluates new network technologies (SDN, SD-WAN, etc.) and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network infrastructure. Plans new designs and configurations for integration into the enterprise network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics and network interconnect points to ensure effective integration and optimal network performance.
• Provides engineering and design support for the creation and deployment of tactical communication systems. Research existing technologies and apply COTS/GOTS systems to develop network infrastructure for voice and data systems, using best practice security methodologies. Integrate system design with network architecture to best meet customer requirements. Test and deploy system designs in tactical CONUS/OCONUS locations.
• Perform post design support to include installation, configuration, and tier IV, O&M support for both enterprise and field deployed systems including local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and system level aspects. Creates simulated networks to test applications over low bandwidth links, troubleshoots network connectivity issues, and install/configure wide area link utilizing radio frequency (RF) communications (i.e. over satellite, cell, and microwave). Configure/test/maintain network infrastructure that connects to enterprise architecture.
Required Minimum Experience:
• Top Secret SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in relevant environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field.
General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience. Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill.
• An Associate’s degree will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
• A Bachelor’s degree will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree).
• A Master’s degree will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor’s).
• A PhD will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master’s and a Bachelor’s).
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.