Systems Administrator - LinuxBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 182387BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/17/2021 City McKinney State TX Country United States
Raytheon currently has an exciting IT position available that supports the Raytheon mission of making the world a safer place. We are seeking a Linux System Administrator that will be working in a highly collaborative, multi-platform and multi–disciplined environment. The System Administrator must possess a top secret security clearance as they will be responsible for administering systems that contain classified data. The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related to a Linux/Solaris infrastructure for classified programs. Duties include, but are not limited to server management (software and hardware); storage management (logical and physical); cross platform authentication and access management; data backup and restoration; software and license configuration; and workstation support.
Diversity at Raytheon is about inclusiveness — providing an atmosphere where everyone feels valued and empowered to perform at a peak level, regardless of the many ways people are different, including but not limited to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, family history or physical ability.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active Secret as of day one of employment.
- Strong UNIX and Linux administration experiences
- Storage infrastructure operations and architecture
- VMware VSphere (ESXi, vCenter, etc)
- Systems deployment, administration, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Develop automation and tools to improve build and configuration management
- Multi-tenancy architecture knowledge
- Network and infrastructure services such as domain controllers, global catalogs, DNS, and DHCP
- Infrastructure backup, restore, disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Critical thinking – ability to solve technical problems independently and with collaborative teams
- Effective written and interpersonal communication
- Position may require some travel
- Ability to lift 15 pounds
- Minimum active secret security clearance
- Active Secret security clearance is required
- Windows system admin experience
- Cross-domain solutions
- Experience with the following Microsoft technologies:
- SCCM, KMS, MDT, and WSUS
- Exchange and Lync
- Windows desktops (Windows XP, 7, 10)
- Familiarity with Splunk & Centrify products
- CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Windows System Administrator
- BASH Scripting
- Familiar with Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CFEngine, etc
- ITIL Foundations and/or ITIL Service Operations
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or 8 years of related experience or Military experience may substitute for some requirements. Military technical certification credit for military experience (* military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service versus civilian training)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.182387
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.