Senior Laser Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 176444BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City McKinney State TX Country United States
Working at Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. Candidates have the opportunity to work alongside the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing radar and sensor solutions that deliver superior detecting, ranging, and tracking for military forces worldwide. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to participate on innovative teams that are providing the most advanced development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
Qualified candidates will be able to apply knowledge and experience of Optics and Lasers to help design, build and test High Energy Laser systems. As part of the laser engineering team, this position includes playing a critical part of the design of the laser system, testing and troubleshooting of critical laser components, and building and integrating lasers into the weapon system. Work and contribute in a fast paced, integrated, multi-disciplined team environment.
- A demonstrated knowledge of optics, lasers, electromagnetic propagation, and their interaction with materials
- Experience with optics or laser lab and/or analysis projects including error analysis. Also must be able to explain the concepts and outcomes.
- Experience in test development, test procedures, evaluation, data collection and analysis for active or passive optical sensors
- U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Experience with imaging or laser systems
- Experience with optical design and analysis tools.
- Experience in in-depth analysis and modeling of wavefront, stray light, radiometric, or line of sight requirements and capabilities.
- Experience with laser alignments.
- Active Secret security clearance
- Team and leadership experience
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Physics or other related engineering field and 6 years of experience in related field, or Master's in Engineering with 4 years, Physics or other related engineering field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.