Section Manager - LasersBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 178021BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City McKinney State TX Country United States
The Manager of the Section performs direct line management activities, which include hiring, training coordination, performance management, career development, and resource management. The Section Manager will ensure two-way communications for section members; serve as a liaison to programs concerning employee job assignments, performance, and recognition. Responsibilities also include coordinating program staffing needs and optimizing resource utilization and interviewing and hiring applicants. In addition, the Section Manager will team with the Department Manager and fellow section managers in the execution of the Engineering goals.
The Section Manager will also be expected to contribute both to the technical and cost proposals in support of our growth initiatives in advanced electro-optical sensing systems. This position will also provide support of new business development, including development of system conceptual designs, and contribute to technology roadmaps and process development. The individual also provides technical review and guidance of the technical content of all work products generated by this team. The candidate must have a strong leadership and optical and laser development background.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Optical or Laser Engineering related to airborne or space based Systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Visible and Infrared technology development
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated desire to mentor and help others develop new skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, strong judgment and decision making abilities
- Strong presentation preparation and delivery skills
- Able to effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Domain knowledge in High Energy Laser Systems and Integration
- Domain knowledge in Laser System development
- Domain knowledge in Imaging Systems
- Experience with fiber lasers
- Track record of executing program technical content within schedule and budget
- Experience with technical and cost proposals
- Experience leading multi-discipline teams.
- Earned Value Certification
- Knowledge of Raytheon hardware development processes and gate reviews
- Experience with staffing, providing feedback, and interfacing with program leadership
- Existing Secret or higher clearance or SSBI
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.178021
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.