Principal Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 176705BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City McKinney State TX Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is growing! We are pursuing top candidates to join the Raytheon Technologies team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, creative solutions to make the world a safer place”.
We are seeking a highly skilled Principal Systems Engineer!
Rated the best at what we do, Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) moves terabytes of data daily by utilizing the latest infrastructure and processing techniques that counter national security threats. We are a state-of-the-art technology company because of our creative thinkers.
Our employees matter! Your contribution is vital to everything we develop. As you design your career path you can be mentored through intriguing challenges. The RI&S culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work.
Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and shape products of the future. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:Raytheon Intelligence & Space
We are seeking a Principle Systems Engineer to support the full Systems Engineering Process to include: product development; system integration; system testing; and system performance analysis and evaluation. The Principle Systems Engineer will work on a team of Engineers, will support the Chief Engineer, the Lead Systems Engineer, and will special projects for the Technical Staff as needed.
This effort will require the selected candidate to:
• Interface with team members on a daily basis to status assigned program tasks and to generate and provide work products to the team lead
• Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress and solution status updates
• Support the full systems engineering process to include:
- product development
- system integration
- system testing
- system performance analysis and evaluation
• Work on a team of Engineers that support:
- Chief Engineer
- Lead Systems Engineer
- Special projects for the Technical Staff (as needed)
• Participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress and solution status updates
• Requirements development, management, and decomposition
• Produce analog design artifacts; execution of trade studies; perform root cause and corrective action analysis; execute component, sub-system, and system-level integration and testing to include product verification and validation; and complete performance data analysis for complex technical designs
An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance
• Ability to develop, document, analyze, and decompose requirements
• Experience with systems engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
• Knowledge of at least two systems engineering functions:
- requirements development and management,
- system design
- integration and test
• Experience working in a Laboratory Environment
• Experience collaborating with internal company, inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters
• Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Familiarity with MATLAB and/or other tools to analyze and collect technical data
• Experience with Radio Frequency communications systems and RAdio Detection And Ranging (RADAR) systems
• Utilize Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools and act as a subject matter expert enabling the team to efficiently model systems
• Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) Systems and knowledge of related performance characteristics to include interferometry direction finding
• Experience in engineering, (mechanical, electrical, software, systems) to include one of the MBSE related tool set:
- Rhapsody ®
- Cameo/Magic Draw ®
• Familiarity with digital Model Based System Engineering
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycles and application of relevant methodologies and tool sets
8 years' of relevant experience and a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics; or 6 years' of relevant experience with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.