Principal Mission AnalystBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 168578BR Date posted 09/16/2020 City McKinney State TX Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is seeking a Mission Analyst to support definition and development of new capabilities created by leading edge, high-tech mission systems. The RIS system portfolio is rich with RF and EOIR solutions that enable leap-ahead capabilities for the modern mission. A mission analyst helps define mission requirements, explore new CONOPS, and make recommendations for investments using tools such as modeling & simulation and virtual prototyping. The mission analyst advances the state of the art of these capabilities for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess (F2T2EA) chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies. Candidate will work with Systems Analyst and System Modelers to define experiments including the operational context (threat environment), trade space, and analytical methods to execute analysis plans that characterize the value of current, upgraded and next gen systems to the warfighter.
The Mission Analyst will define mission and systems level trade studies using mission-modeling tools to generate compelling evidence to drive system design decisions, support customer-shaping efforts, or define proposal discriminators. The mission analyst is providing the answer to the question “So what?” The candidate will develop a network of subject matter experts to define suitable operational environments, interpret complex simulation outputs and translate them into well-reasoned explanations. Just as important, the mission analyst must be able to identify false results produced by the tools. The Mission Analyst will develop study plans, define MOE/MOPs and define modeling requirements. They will lead teams of modelers and system’s SMEs to ensure that the system performance is represented accurately and used properly in an operational context. The candidate will present their results to internal and external customers.
**U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment**
- Minimum of 8 years systems engineering experience
- Experience with sensor systems or other mission packages
- Proficiency with scientific computing environments, models, and/or simulations such as the following: MATLAB, Simulink, MathCAD, AREPS, and NVIPM
- Demonstrated ability to decompose a complex problem into an executable plan
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- Experience in Numerical Optimization Techniques, Analysis of Alternatives, or Design of Experiments
- Strong grasp of mathematics and statistics, including multivariate calculus, linear algebra, probability and statistics
- U.S. Citizenship
- SECRET clearance
- Experience with Military Operations Analysis
- Knowledge of standard government developed tools including AFSIM, Suppressor, Brawler, EADSIM, ESAMS or similar.
- Domain knowledge in Sensors (RADARS, EOIR, etc.), Network Communications, Weapons/Effects (Missiles, Projectiles), Command & Control, and Resource Management is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Linux Environments.
- Possess a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Ability to understand tactics as described by military experts and to represent their employment (verbally, graphically, and in simulations)
- BS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
- MS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 168578
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.