Electronics Development ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 184808BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/24/2021 City McKinney State TX Country United States
This Manager position will be responsible for guiding a team of 8 to 15 skilled electrical engineers within the Raytheon Intelligence& Space (RI&S) Electro Optical (EO) Electronics Department. The Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure that work scope assigned to team members is compliant to specified performance and approved cost and schedule requirements for the electronics, firmware and/or integration work scope for EO/IR Sensors and Subsystems. Work scope typically includes power/mechanism electronics development and verification but may also include digital/processing electronics and video/high speed processing firmware development and electronics subsystem integration and verification. Also included in the role is the responsibility to provide and use enabling tools, best practices and processes for effective and efficient implementation of the work scope by team members.
The Manager will be responsible to ensure development, verification and on-time delivery of quality work products, accurate and approved inputs to business development and growth opportunities, applicable content for Gates and Independent Reviews (IRs), balanced program staffing and staff retention, and progressive skill growth and career development of team members. Business development and implementation responsibilities will include generation of Basis of Estimate (BOE) to support proposals and Estimate at Complete (EAC) requirements including preparation and presentation of Bid and EAC Review packages to Department and Directorate Leadership. The Manager will interact frequently with multi-disciplined team leads, Chief Engineers and Program Managers to ensure that team members are meeting the needs of our internal and external customers. Vendor and supplier engagements, as well as travel, may be required.
Approximately eighty percent (~80%) of the Manager's time will be committed to program direct work, which may include roles as an Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL), individual contributor, technical reviewer and/or technical lead.
The Manager will need to be a highly effective communicator (both written and verbal), a partner, a collaborator, a leader, and a decision maker as well as an advocate for knowledge and best practice sharing, innovation, productivity improvements and diversity in the work force while promoting and enforcing high professional standards. Effective contributions to strategic planning as well as tactical execution are key to overall results. The behaviors leading to team success are as important as achieving product compliance and meeting cost and schedule targets and must align with RI&S core values.
- Minimum eight (8) years of engineering experience
- Two (2) years of related experience including Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leadership, Engineering Functional Leadership, Program Management/Program Office Leadership and/or Technical Leadership
- Able to secure a DoD Secret Clearance
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in all phases of hardware product development, integration, verification, transition to production, production and/or sustainment
- Four (4) years + of recent experience implementing/leading product design using Integrated Product Development System/Process (IPDS/IPDP) for electronics hardware including but not limited to FPGA, digital/high speed processing, analog/power and/or interconnect electronics products
- Hardware Integration and Test (I&T), Integration/Verification/Validation (IV&V), Transition to Production, Production and Sustainment experience
- Subsystems Engineering (SSE) experience
- Agile product development expertise
- Program Management (PM) Level 6 Certification and/or Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Certification/BOE Certification
- Current DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or other relevant Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
M.S. in Electrical Engineering or other relevant Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
Graduate of one or more Leadership Programs or equivalent including but not limited to: Future Leaders Program (FLP); Integrated Product Team Lead Rotation Program (IPTLRP); Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.