Electro-Optical (EO) Systems Engineer - EODAS Design / Modeling / SimulationBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 187586BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/09/2021 City McKinney State TX Country United States
Explore RIS: Raytheon Intelligence & Space
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) - Advanced Electro-Optics (AEO) has an upcoming - career growth - opportunity for a mid-career Systems Engineer with a background in airborne electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) surveillance and targeting sensor systems. This is an opportunity to use, build, and perfect your skills with related hardware and performance analysis, algorithm development, control systems, and optical signal processing capabilities.
You will join a dynamic system engineering team on a large high-profile program developing the next generation of airborne advanced Electro-Optical systems including imagers and passive EO tracking. You will work with mode development, design, performance analysis, modeling & simulation. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with keen problem-solvingskills and a demonstrated capability in design, integration, and test of complex engineering systems.
Main tasks include:
- Computer modeling and simulation of the passive/active signal chain, including sensor physics, optics, phenomenology, and radiometry (primarily in MATLAB)
- Development of signal processing, control systems, detection, and tracking algorithms for embedded systems
- Performance analysis of EO/IR systems
- Subsystem requirement allocation and decomposition
- Algorithm implementation and verification on hardware
- Assisting with technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Minimum 8 years of related systems engineering and/or integration and test experience including some related background with optical signal processing and EO systems design / build / test / verification down to sub-systems level.
- Understanding of algorithm functionality and its derivation from physics and mathematics, including demonstrated experience with scientific and numerical computing in MATALB.
- Experience with system performance analysis, and simulation and modeling, and operation of EO systems; knowledge of image & signal processing theory and practice.
- Experience generating technical documents and assisting with presentations; requires good teaming / communications skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- An active and in-scope DOD Secret US security clearance is required.
- Willingness to travel periodically in support of offsite testing along with customer and subcontractor meetings
- Demonstrated interest in rapid learning of new technical skills and knowledge domains
- Experience in the area of optical sensors, signal processing, tracking, detection, calibration, and radiometric modeling
- Knowledge in statistics, estimation theory and numerical methods along with some practical experience in these areas
- Expertise with MBSE engineering tools (eg Cameo, Doors Next Gen, MagicDraw, SysML) to include requirements generation and flow-down in a connected framework.
- Technical experience in opto-mechanical engineering, control systems, embedded computing, data science, or electronics
- Familiarity with software development in C, C++, and Python
Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM discipline, such as ME, EE, AE, Math, Physics, Optics, or related technical field
Master’s of Science (M.S.) or PhD in ME, EE, AE, Math, Physics, Optics or related technical field
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.