Electro-Optical (EO) System Engineer Build/Integrate/TestBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 176126BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City McKinney State TX Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) - Advanced Electro-Optical (AEO) Engineering has an immediate opportunity for a mid/senior career Systems Engineer with expertise in airborne electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) surveillance and targeting sensor systems. This system engineer position who will be responsible for requirement management in DOORS and executing the Integration Verification & Validation (IV&V) content for a complex Electro-Optical Pod System. This includes ensuring that the delivered products (system, subsystems, and components) function as designed, complies with all requirements, and that all resources required to perform the IV&V tasks are ready and in place when needed. This role spans from planning activities through system acceptance testing and delivery in a production environment. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong problem solving skills and have demonstrated capability in DOORS, specification management, and IV&V experience.
Main tasks will be:
- Requirement management in DOORS
- Maintain and manage external and internal specifications and VCRM (Verification Cross Reference Matrix)
- Develop IV&V procedures based on the test plans, test requirements, final product design, and the specific test assets to be used
- Verify that the configurations of the system under test, test assets, test procedures, and reduction/analysis tools are documented and captured
- Ensure that all tests are completed in accordance with the contract, test procedures, standard processes, and applicable regulations
- Facilitate review of test results and anomalies
- Minimum 8 years of related systems engineering experience to include airborne EOIR system design, integration and test, product transition to production.
- Demonstrated airborne EO/IR hardware design and/or systems engineering experience in development and production program.
- Experience with laboratory test, flight test, and qualification of airborne systems
- Experience with Electro-Optical system performance analysis, and simulation and modeling of EO systems; knowledge in image & signal processing theory and practice
- Knowledge of and experience with system operation for electro-optical systems
- Experience with requirement management using DOORS and/or other requirement configuration management tools
- Strong math and physics background
- Willingness to travel periodically in support of offsite testing along with customer and subcontractor meetings
- Prior experience working with multi-disciplined teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An active and in-scope DOD Secret US security clearance is required.
- Factory environment and production experience in commercial and/or defense industries
- Experience and knowledge of transition to production programs in the EO/IR domain
- Experience with developing and executing factory test plans, procedures, and equipment
- Demonstrated production support, troubleshooting, and factory improvement initiative experience
- Experience in the area of IR sensors, tracking, detection, optical signal processing, calibration, and radiometric sensitivity modeling
- Knowledge in estimation theory and numerical methods along with some practical experience in these areas
- Experience using Model Based System Engineering tools (DOORS Next Gen, Cameo)
- Experience in vehicle guidance, navigation and control
- EO/IR or Laser domain knowledge
- Technical experience in opto-mechanical engineering, control systems, embedded computing, or electronics
- Experience in numerical modeling and simulation, and performing analysis using MATLAB, C++, Python, or similar language
- Knowledge and experience with LabVIEW, dSpace, or FPGA programming
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM discipline, such as ME, EE, AE, Math, Physics, Optics, or related technical field; advanced degree(s) preferred176126
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.