EOI - Senior TechnicianBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Negative Vetting 1 Relocation eligible No Job ID 187772BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/11/2021 City Mawson Lakes Country Australia
- Raytheon Australia is a leading Capability Partner to the Australian Defence Force.
- Raytheon Australia offers professional development and flexible work opportunities.
- This position is located at Raytheon Australia’s new purpose-built Centre for Joint Integration (CJI) facility in Mawson Lakes, SA and Woomera Test Range, SA.
Given our continued success and growth, we have an exciting new opportunity for Senior Technicians within the Joint Battlespace Systems product line on the Woomera Test Range Support Services (WTRSS) Program. The Woomera Test Range, located in South Australia, is the world’s largest overland test environment, comparable to the size of England, and is one of Australia’s most critical national security assets.
Raytheon Australia’s integrated range solution provides the Australian Defence Force with one of the most advanced test, experiment, and training environments in the world. As one of the teams technical workforce, you will contribute to the success of the WTRSS Program through providing specialty maintenance, deployment and operating functions on a variety of different leading-edge equipment.
The Senior Technician is responsible for conducting planned and corrective maintenance, technical investigations, and support configuration change activities of communication and mission systems. The Senior Technician also supports deployment of Mission System Equipment in support of Trial Activities.
- Provision of specialist maintenance services to communications equipment. This includes light grade and heavy grade maintenance as defined by the equipment maintenance processes.
- Producing maintenance reports, meeting key performance indicators for technical compliance and contributing to system health indicators for production and program management.
- Provision of configuration management support to selected mission systems.
- Provision of support activities for breakdown spares, repairable items, and support and test equipment.
- Providing technical support in the conduct of engineering and maintenance services and activities for the customer.
- Undertake travel as required, both within Australia and internationally, to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Requires a Certificate III in Electronics or Telecommunications.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant post-qualification experience required.
- Understanding and application of technical theories and concepts within the field of radio frequency and communication technologies.
- A demonstrated understanding of and experience in electrical and data interface standards and protocols.
- A demonstrated understanding of and experience in operating systems/server systems/network protocols.
- Knowledge of the Defence Technical Regulatory Framework.
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance. Eligibility criteria can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at email@example.com
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.