Systems AdministratorBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 185028BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/06/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Raytheon Technologies currently has an exciting IT position available that supports our mission of making the world a safer place. We are seeking a Windows and Linux System Administrator that will provide IT systems administration in a Microsoft server and Linux environment. The System Administrator will be responsible for administering systems that contain export restricted data. Solid knowledge of Windows or Linux desktop and server operating systems is required. Responsible for end user and compute, system patching, and Antivirus definition updates. Install and configure software applications requested by end users. Primary customer interaction involves resolving support issues for the engineering community using helpdesk and task assignment methods. Work with Cybersecurity professionals to maintain security compliance requirements. Document and follow basic IT processes and procedures. Work as a team member in a diversified technological environment. Use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems of a mild to moderate scope and complexity. This candidate will perform “Tier I” desktop support, resetting passwords, installing and upgrading applications, being a first responder to incoming tickets. This candidate will perform asset management tasks such as tracking purchases and receiving and inventorying incoming hardware. Monitor software license expirations. Manage backups, monitor server and workstation health via Splunk.
By any measure, Raytheon Technologies is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities, new technology immersion, and a work site 3 miles from the beach , Los Angeles International Airport and minutes from the LA Metro green line train stop. Raytheon has also been recognized for several prestigious awards including Fortune 500, Fortune’s Global 500, ComputerWorld’s “100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017,” and Human Rights Campaign 2017 “Best Place to Work” for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- United States Citizenship
- 2+ years of Windows or Linux System Admin experience, certifications and degree considered in lieu of experience
- Ability to satisfy Department of Defense Directive (DoD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification and a supported Operating System Certification) within 6 months of hire date
- Administer and maintain systems support for software, hardware and servers: test, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve all problems
- Familiarity with Active Directory Object Management (ie. User, computer, groups)
- Provide timely technical support for users and work with them to solve existing problems
- Working knowledge in support of Microsoft Windows desktops (Windows 7, 10)
- System image creation and disk cloning
- Troubleshooting basic workstation and server issues
- Self-Starter, customer focused, adaptable, attention to detail, time management skills, ability to multitask
- Ability to lift 15 pounds
- Familiarity with Ansible playbooks and scripting
- Microsoft Group Policy fundamentals
- System hardening in accordance with government regulations
- Direct working experience with DFARS, DAAPM, JSIG environments
- Experience VMWare platforms (VMWare workstation, ESX, vSphere)
- Experience with STIG and SCAP tools
- Exposure to agile tools and processes (eg. Jira)
- PowerShell or BAT scripting
- Familiarity working in a manufacturing and test environment
- AA/AS in Information Technology or Industry certifications such as A+, Network+, Microsoft Fundamentals, CompTIA Security+
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.185028
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.