Sr Principal Electrical Engr - FPGA DesignBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 155312BR Date posted 01/20/2020 City MA State Marlborough Country MA
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Applicant will work as part of a highly motivated team environment, and will be collaborating with cross-functional project teams making up a larger program or internal research and development efforts. Our engineers are assigned to a manager of approximately 20 employees with similar skills. Each section manager is responsible for their members’ performance, career development, and assigning tasks that balance the employees’ interests with current needs of the project teams.
- 10+ years of professional experience designing large, complex FPGAs using VHDL/Verilog
- Experience leading small to large FPGA design and verification teams
- Experience with any or all of the following:
- Xilinx Programmable Devices or Altera programmable devices
- VHDL simulation tools
- designing filters in Matlab
- Experience implementing FIR filters and FFTs in FPGAs
- Experience using synthesis tools including Synplify and back-end tools including Xilinx ISE/Vivado, Altera Quartus and others
- Experience in high speed interfaces such as SRIO, Aurora Experience with Timing Closure and utilizing Chipscope
- 20+ years of professional experience designing large, complex FPGAs
- Experience and knowledge developing and selling off requirements for FPGAs
- Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management principles, environments and toolsWorking knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as RS-422, USB, PCIe, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such as Synergy, Clearcase, or git
- Working knowledge/course work of signal & image processing, digital communications and/or control theories
- Candidates must be able to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Strong written and verbal communication; must be able to present to various levels of management as well as internal and external customers
- Experience working in teams and have the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with a diverse team of engineers
- Proficiency in Linux
- Working knowledge in the integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces a plus
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and/or in computer scripting language such as Shell/Perl/Python a plus
- MS or PhD in EE or a STEM related major is a plus
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or a STEM related major
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.