Sr EMI Effects EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 187393BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/16/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Common Electronic Products Department (CEPD) at Raytheon Missiles & Defense is looking for an EMI Effects Engineer to join our team in Marlborough, MA. CEPD is the internal customer facing organization for internal design activities and provides the expertise that optimizes electronic hardware designs for producibility, provides electrical circuit design, strategic procurement relationships, and assembly services through project leadership to achieve cycle time, technology, and cost goals.
The EMI Effects Engineer is responsible for EMI/EMC electromagnetic interference/electromagnetic compatibility. The candidate should possess at least 4 years of experience in this field and engineering experience with both military and commercial standards, including but not limited to MIL-STD-461E and above, MIL-STD-464A and above, EN5550X, EN61000-XX and FCC Part 15.
Specific areas of expertise will include experience in the design and verification analysis of EMI/EMC, Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Personnel (HERP), and Hazards of Electromagnetic to Ordnance (HERO), Lightning, EMP and High Altitude EMP, Shielding effectiveness and ESD. Also desirable would be familiarity with TEMPEST filter designs and isolation techniques.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Develops architectures for new designs, to support the capture, and technical execution within the Subsystem Design and Architecture Department.
- Oversees the development of suitable components and sub systems that achieve the performance requirements at the system-level.
- Provides technical conscience, challenged with making sure the product and process meet appropriate standards.
- Ensures balance with risk conditions and constraints while advising leadership.
- Visible and accountable for technical decisions.
- Technical contact with the customer inclusive of requirements, technical commitments, IRAD, future technical needs, etc.
- Participate in major review boards such as Engineering Review Board, Failure Review Board, Risk and Opportunity Review Board etc.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for two additional years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- B.S degree in an Engineering field (STEM Degree)
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Experience in EMI/EMC analysis design and test
- Experience with MatLab
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Master’s degree in chosen Engineering/Technical field
- Currently hold a DoD issued security clearance of Secret or higher
- Strong expertise in the field of EMI design methodologies for military applications
- 3D Modelling tools including CST Microwave and AnSys
- Experience manufacturing and/or assembly of EMI-critical products
- Ability to provide detailed documentation related to test planning, EMI test plans and EMI procedures and test reports with minimal revision and review
- Knowledge of automated EMI test techniques and programming, specifically using TILE.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must have analytical ability to read and understand complex technical instructions, drawings and specifications and utilize complex equipment or complete experimental procedures.
- Strong customer focus with good verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-461 test techniques
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm187393
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.