Sr Contract NegotiatorBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 172033BR Date posted 12/03/2020 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
What’s YOUR mission?
Here at Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD), we work together as one global team creating trusted innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by RMD employees around the globe. Our success is driven by an inclusive culture that invests in our people, embraces the perspectives of our diverse workforce, empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our RMD Contracts teammates are valued business partners, influencing and executing balanced and equitable business deals and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, all in support of the products and services we deliver to our customers. Working as a strategic business partner within RMD, our Contracts professionals fuel powerful ideas, develop meaningful relations, and work together to achieve and exceed business goals, with the ultimate aim to ensure mutual long-term success.
RMD offers a robust total rewards package, including: Medical, Dental, and Vision available on Day 1, Holiday time, Paid time off (PTO), Parental Leave, Flexible Work Schedules, 401K with match, Employer Contributed Retirement Income Savings, Employee Discounts, Performance Sharing, Educational Assistance, Continuous Learning/Career Development, Achievement Awards, and much more.
If you would like to work in a collaborative, flexible environment that offers challenging professional opportunities, we’d like to meet you. RMD has an opening for a Sr. Contracts Negotiator in the Advanced Technology Sensors group. This role is focused on Maritime programs and provides strategic thought leadership to develop innovative contracts and business solutions in a competitive environment. This position may be located in Portsmouth, RI, Woburn, MA, Marlborough, MA or Tewksbury, MA. Regular travel will be required to the Portsmouth, RI facility if working at a different location.
- Provide sound contract management to meet customer obligations, achieve company objectives, and comply with company policies
- Professionally represent Raytheon on contractual transactions and work closely with customers to develop business relationships
- Lead for the analysis of Requests for Proposal (RFP), development of proposals, proposal reviews and coordination, negotiation, contractual agreements, contracts execution, as well as general contract administration
- Effectively manage contractual scope and terms and conditions to ensure work is performed to the overall contract scope
- Identify, mitigate, and drive the resolution of contractual issues as they may arise
- Work closely within cross-functional teams to construct, submit, and negotiate Terms and Conditions and pricing proposals, examine and understand cost structure estimates of labor, material, engineering services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Provide guidance regarding contractual and business issues, advising management of contractual rights and obligations as well as possible mitigation of contractual/program risks.
- 6+ years applicable business-related experience
- Prior experience with US Government contracts
- This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts and risk quantification
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with customers and internal partners based on understanding, teamwork, and trust
- Experience working is a fast-paced environment, where prioritization is required to be effective
- Proven record of responsiveness with strong time management and organization skills
- Contractual acumen with proficiency in contracts fundamentals
- Related contract administration experience including hands-on proposal preparation and contract negotiations with the US Department of Defense (DoD)
- Familiarity with Other Transaction Agreements, Intellectual Property, license agreements, or teaming agreements
- Active Security Clearance
- Juris Doctor or MBA a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Finance or related field with 6+ years’ experience or an advanced degree with 4+ years’ experience.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.172033
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.