Software Engineering Section ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 185121BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/04/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
We have an opportunity for a Section Manager within the Global Radar Software Products RSPL 2 Department. The Global Radar Software Products RSPL 2 Departments mission is to provide world class Surveillance Radar Software to be used in radar systems deployed on land and sea. Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, and integrate capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
The job location for this opportunity will be in Marlborough MA, supporting The Global Radar Software Products Department including, but not limited to AMDR, LTAMDS, EASR, NCR, ADR, ROCR and BAMDS as well as the Radar Display Simulation (RSD) IRAD Software Engineering teams.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
The Global Radar Software Products Department Section Manager will provide guidance and management to a section of 15 to 20 Engineers. The candidate will act as a key leader and mentor in the department, employing leadership, presence and influence skills while fostering teamwork and interdependent execution.
- Responsible for the sustainment, assessment and development of the section
- Ensure section members adhere to policy, vision, values and goals
- Communications flow-down to the section
- Performance development including collecting and providing performance feedback to section members.
- Goal development with section members
- Career and job assignment mentoring
- Technical management in software development, integration, or test.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 3 additional years of experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or relevant STEM degree
- 8 years of experience in technical software development preferably on defense software development programs
- Experience in real-time software development using C, C++ or Java
- Experience developing software in a team-based development environment, preferably using Agile/SCRUM
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Experience in a functional or program management role
- Strong mentoring skills, both technically and professionally
- High energy, self – starting team player who achieves goals and continuous improvement
- Experience as a leader of software development, integration or test activities on defense software development program
- Radar domain knowledge (AMDR, DBR, CK, UEWR, AN/TPY-2, XBR, etc.)
- Software Cost estimation experience
- Six Sigma, EVMS and Software Project Management Certification
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with subordinates, customers, and other internal organizations
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to include Health and Wellness, Retirement Savings and Income Protection. A work/life balance is an important value at Raytheon Technologies. We provide programs that offer solutions to life’s challenges, including a variety of flexible work arrangements and paid time off. Programs are also available for dependent and adult care, family leave, college planning, counseling and personal convenience services. In addition, we offer educational assistance for approved courses or degree programs and certifications for skill enhancement. Our 9/80 work schedule also offers flexibility to help successfully balance work/life commitments.
KEYWORDS: Software Development, Management
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.