Senior Systems Engineer- Radar SimulationBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 170032BR Date posted 10/14/2020 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies (RTX) offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The Algorithm & Simulation (A&S) Directorate is responsible for algorithm development including radio-frequency (RF) and electro-optical/infrared (EO-IR) Signal Processing; Guidance, Navigation, and Control; and missile-and-sensor-level Modeling and Simulation for RMD's broad portfolio of projects, programs and products. The MSA teams within the A&S Directorate provide, develop, and maintain high fidelity performance simulations (including multiple sensor channels, scene generation capability, control hardware, physical environment, and embedded software), execute system performance analysis (including pre-flight prediction, post flight matching, and verification and validation), support new business initiatives and develop & execute technology roadmaps. Our portfolio includes surface Navy, undersea Navy, missile defense sensors, interceptors, command and control, integrated air and missile defense systems and space surveillance systems.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments, which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
The candidate will develop and analyze radar algorithms in the context of a high fidelity digital simulation supplemented by field measurements. The systems engineer will work collaboratively to extend and validate the digital simulation, assess radar performance in complex multi-mission scenarios by reviewing detailed data from individual runs and across broad sets of runs, and investigate and resolve issues identified during analysis. The systems engineer will support updating and developing new requirements for implementing and verifying refined and new radar algorithms in tactical radar software. The engineer will develop and present briefings and reports on performance assessments, new and modified radar algorithms, scene modeling approaches, and issue investigations. The engineer will support integration of the high fidelity radar simulation into federations managed by other US Government organizations.
- 6+ years of radar modeling and/or analysis experience
- Experience using Matlab for data analysis
- Experience with a compiled programming language
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Commitment to work on-site in a classified environment
- Active DoD SECRET clearance or interim SECRET clearance required prior to start date.
- U.S. citizenship is required
- Understanding of radar signal processing, radar tracking, and electronic protection
- Understanding of environmental clutter and RF propagation phenomenology and modeling
- Experience with classification and machine learning techniques
- Experience with Java programming
- Basic understanding of Linux (from a user’s point of view)
- MS or PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
Required Education (including Major):
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics area
Radar Systems, RF, radar, simulation, M&S, federated simulation, algorithm development, systems engineering, research and development, Java, Matlab, radar tracking, signal processing, electronic protection, classification, classifier, machine learning, clutter, propagation, mathematics, software, engineer, algorithm, DoD, V&V
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.