Senior Systems Engineer-Operations AnalysisBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 171699BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies (RTX) offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The System of Systems Modeling and Architecture Directorate performs customer focused operational analysis and simulation activities within Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD). Supporting this mission are teams driving flexible integration solutions crossing all product areas (sensors, effectors, command and control, logistics and operations), developing tools and methods to evaluate system level analysis and visualization based on customer requirements. The team welcomes you to join our tradition of excellence through innovation and teamwork while championing individual diversity in a flexible work environment to meet the needs of today’s workforce.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments that will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
We are looking for motivated engineers to join our team in the development of novel system of system architectures to deliver best of breed solutions to our customers. Our engineers bring broad DoD mission skills in radar, sensor, C2, and effector data analysis and analytics. The systems engineer should have expertise in Python, Matlab, or Java for technical modeling, simulation or analysis of real-world and modeled data to create deep understanding of needs/constraints and breakdown traditional stovepiped systems to assemble dynamic system-of-system solutions. The systems engineer will analyze end-to-end system needs, in particular to understand system interfaces and data connectivity requirements across the kill-chain. Tasks will include analyzing data, understanding performance requirements, developing metrics, developing or implementing algorithms to cleanse, process, and combine products from multiple systems to provide next-generation performance across the entire system of systems.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in the field of engineering or related technical discipline
- Computer programming experience including strong Python experience with exposure to Matlab or Java
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Masters or PhD in Engineering, Science, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research or other relevant technical discipline
- Strong team-member and collaborator with effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience participating and supporting analyses and studies to include understanding how to define and execute a study
- Experience evaluating new concepts of operation and developing new technology use cases
- Strong technical and analytical skills to develop credible results for presenting to the customer
- Knowledge of principles such as CONOPS, system tradeoff analysis, threat definitions, and system of system assessments
- Engineering domain experience in EO/IR/RF sensor, kinetic weapon, and/or electronic warfare systems
- System Knowledge in warfighting Domains, including at least one of the following: Air Defense, Ballistic Missile Defense, Ship Self-Defense, Air/Land/Sea/Joint C4I, Operations in a Cyber Contested Environment, Network Centric Operations, Air Traffic Management, Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Existing TS/SCI security clearance
At RTX, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that is shared by RTX employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
RTX has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, RTX offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits RTX offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon Technologies' Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor171699
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.