Digital Engineering Lead – Senior Systems Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 171701BR Date posted 11/17/2020 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
The Protected Communication Systems Department is involved all aspects of Systems Engineering across the program lifecycle of Protected Communication Systems programs. The systems engineering includes architecture development, CONOPS development, trade studies, modeling and simulation, systems/software/hardware requirements analysis, as well as integration, validation and verification. The Department supports a variety of communications systems including SATCOM (including AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band, PTW), line of sight, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms.
We are currently seeking an experienced Digital Engineering Lead - Senior Systems Engineer II to join our passionate, diverse, and rapidly growing team. The Digital Engineering Lead will advance Digital Engineering (DE) and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) capabilities within the Communications and Airspace Management Systems mission area within the Raytheon Intelligence and Space business. The DE Lead will also provide the direction to develop imaginative capabilities required to support programs and proposals, and provide the leadership to implement them.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Salary Range $104,900.00 - $141,700.00
PLEASE NOTE: This position will report full time to the Marlborough MA site and may allow for a part-time telecommute arrangement.
- Implementing innovative and practical DE and MBSE solutions that target high value opportunities
- Mentoring and developing Digital Engineering and Model Based Systems Engineering skills and capabilities across the mission area
- Partnering with customers, functional managers and chief engineers to develop and implement strategic Digital Engineering transition plans and roadmaps. Developing and maintaining exceptional relationships will be essential
- Supports establishing the Digital Engineering strategy, vision and tactical direction for program implementation using DE and MBSE methods and tools.
- Sets DE/MBSE milestones and monitors adherence to program master plans and schedules.
- Accurately measures DE/MBSE progress, identifies potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken, and ensures the meeting of company’s contract commitments
- Develops customer and program enhancing partnerships with functional departments to advance DE/MBSE goals and objectives
- Motivates, evaluates, and rewards the DE/MBSE team, enabling them to achieve desired results.
- Advancing the adoption of DE/MBSE capabilities by helping ensure ongoing funding of DE/MBSE initiatives, working with the customer to identify and fund further program DE/MBSE enhancements, and identifying and pursuing additional DE/MBSE opportunities
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Systems, Software or Hardware engineering; 4 years with Master's degree; 2 years with PhD
- Minimum of 2 years of DE/MBSE experience including methods, tools, and implementation
- Minimum of 4 years of Systems Engineering experience
- Experience with DoD Air Force, Army, and/or Navy and Civil Agencies (e.g., NASA, NOAA, FAA)
- Project management experience with ability to manage plans and schedules for multiple small to large projects
- Ability to successfully interact with senior level military and civilian representatives and internal senior level functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated aptitude to organize and guide teams for effective implementation
- Ability to prepare and present informal and formal briefings
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as well as DoD Secret Security Clearance day one of employment; position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- Demonstrated experience with IBM Jazz Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) suite of tools
- Experience using Dassault 3D Experience and Cameo suite of tools
- Thorough understanding of System Architectural Modeling
- Demonstrated capability with Model Based Test
- Experience in developing multi-phase planning and implementation projects.
- Abilities and skills as problem solver and take charge leader with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of Six Sigma principles.
- Bachelor’s (BS) Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited institution (i.e. Electrical / Mechanical / Systems / Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, Physics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Master’s (MS) Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited institution (i.e. Electrical / Mechanical / Systems / Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, Physics, Mathematics, etc.)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.