Senior Principal Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 158396BR Date posted 03/12/2020 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
The Protected Communication Systems Department is involved all aspects of Systems Engineering across the program lifecycle of Protected Communication Systems programs within the Integrated Communications System (ICS) Mission Area. The systems engineering includes architecture development, CONOPS development, trade studies, modeling and simulation, systems/software/hardware requirements analysis, as well as integration, validation and verification. The Department supports a variety of communications systems including SATCOM (including AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band, PTW), line of sight, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Principal Systems Engineer to join our dynamic, diverse, and rapidly growing team. The Senior Principal Systems Engineer is responsible for CONOPS development, architecture, conducting trade studies, modeling and simulation, and generating / analyzing requirements.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Systems, Software or Hardware engineering.
- Must have direct experience with requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
- Must be able to work within a structured process environment including a task oriented, value based management system
- Technical experience with SATCOM, LOS/BLOS, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date and will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, engineering tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and be able to communicate effectively.
- Experienced presenter with prior responsibility for dealing with customers, management, technical staff, and internal / external organizations.
- Bachelor’s (BS) Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited institution (i.e. Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Physics, etc.)
- Masters’ (MS) Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited institution (i.e. Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Physics, etc.)
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.