Senior Principal Software EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 182042BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/13/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
interested in an opportunity to work in the area? Then join our team and contribute to programs that save lives and enable the freedoms we enjoy.
We are looking for a to help with the continued success of our products, by leading and directing engineers who are developing the next generation systems. Every day at Raytheon Intelligence & Space, our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
- Participation on collaborative, cross-disciplined integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions.
- Being responsible for some or all of a Software product, contributing as a software team member and possibly directly a small software team.
- Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, test, and field support.
- Providing guidance, coaching, and training to Junior Engineers.
- Working in an Engineering organization with the highest software engineering process maturity level as recognized by the Software Engineering Institute.
- Minimum 10 years of Professional Software development experience
- Experience with C, C++
- Experience with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development Methodologies
- as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- Must have a BS / BA with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other related field.
- Exposure to Model Driven Development
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS), embedded programming, processor/board architecture and design
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows, VxWorks or other Real time operating systems
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Applied experience in Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles
- MS / MA with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other related field.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space is a leading provider of integrated sensor, communication and electronic warfare systems giving military forces accurate and timely actionable information for the network-centric battlefield. You will continue your career working on cutting-edge technology by day, while in your free time you can explore the many cultural, entertainment and outdoor wonders that make Marlborough, MA area so unique.
We offer robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off. In addition, this position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.