Senior Electrical EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 168293BR Date posted 09/11/2020 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) in Marlborough, MA is seeking an Electrical or Systems Engineer to join our Hardware and Infrastructure (HW&I) team in developing the next generation air traffic control and weather systems for civil and military customers around the world. Our STARS air traffic system is deployed in every airport across the US and we are looking to add to our team.
This position is for a design engineer who will work with product leads and other team members on a variety of tasks related to the design and development of systems using primarily Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products. Tasks will include:
- Participating in design discussions and reviews
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Investigation and resolution of hardware issues, supplier product changes, device configuration issues, or customer change requests
- Research and selection of servers, workstations, and other COTS hardware
- Device configuration definition
- System prototyping and integration in the lab
US Citizenship required.
- Experience with taking a system design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and developing a complete solution and then verifying the design via integration and test activities
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice developing and implementing computing, networking, and information technology infrastructure
- System level hardware integration and troubleshooting skills
- Experience collaborating in development with other engineering disciplines, supply chain, suppliers, field engineering, and customers to develop and deliver solutions
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, as well as thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint)
- 4+ years of related work experience
- Willingness and ability to support occasional domestic travel and potential international travel
- General knowledge of Solaris and Linux operating systems
- Current or in-progress computing/networking certification(s) (e.g. CCNA, AWS, CISSP)
- Experience with air traffic control or weather system hardware
- Proven innovator of new and emerging technologies
- Lead role experience for development efforts
Requires a degree in Electrical Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field, or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College and 4+ years of related work experience
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.