Senior Electrical Engineer II – Air Traffic Systems Network EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 168294BR Date posted 09/11/2020 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) in Marlborough, MA is seeking an Electrical, Systems, or Network design engineer to join our Hardware and Infrastructure (HW&I) team in developing the next generation air traffic control and weather systems for civil and military customers around the world. Our STARS air traffic system is deployed in every airport across the US and we are looking to add to our team.
This position is for a design engineer who will work with product leads and other development team members on a variety of tasks related to the design and development of systems using primarily Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products. Tasks will include:
- Network design
- Research and selection of network, servers, workstations, and other COTS hardware
- Network configuration definition
- System prototyping and integration in the lab
- Deployment & field support
US Citizenship required.
- Experience with taking a system design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and developing a complete network design and then verifying the network design via integration and test activities
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice developing and implementing computing, networking, and information technology infrastructure
- Experience working in a lab environment and operating standard test equipment including network analyzers, network emulators, and network data capture tools
- System level hardware integration and troubleshooting skills, including new and legacy networking hardware and protocols in support of system sustainment
- Experience collaborating in development with other engineering disciplines, supply chain, suppliers, field engineering, and customers to develop and deliver safety critical systems
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, as well as a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint)
- 6+ years of related work experience
- Willingness and ability to support occasional domestic travel and potential international travel
- Current or in-progress computing/networking certification(s) (e.g. CCNA, AWS, CISSP)
- General knowledge of Solaris and Linux operating systems
- Experience with air traffic control or weather system hardware
- Proven innovator of new and emerging technologies
- Interest and capability in task and team leadership, including: leading teams of 2 to 5 engineers on a common task or group of tasks; managing to a schedule and budget; keeping internal customers advised of status and participating in strategic decisions on planning and execution; estimating and planning new work
Requires a degree in Electrical Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College and 6+ years of related work experience
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.