Section Manager Digital DesignBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 165663BR Date posted 08/17/2020 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, inclusive, and growing professional organization? Our primary focus is to design and provide mission capable hardware to our customer. We provide cutting edge solutions to support the Integrated Communication Systems (ICS) family of products including: encryption devices, radios, transponders, network, and satellite communications. Our engineering team provides domain expertise and creative solutions to deliver innovative designs using the latest proven technology. We offer a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, consensus oriented solutions, problem solving in a team setting, and results based recognition.
Manager III – Digital Design Section Manager
We are looking for an experienced senior level designer with management experience to join our team. The successful candidate will function as the Section Manager of a group of electrical engineers, covering skillsets supporting Digital design. In addition the Section Manager will provide program staffing and continuously improve our design processes and associated tools and technologies.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide functional leadership and management of team of design engineers, that are responsible for developing the design architecture, electrical design, simulations, analysis and testing of associated hardware
- Provide work assignments, resource allocation, manpower planning, career development of employees, performance evaluations, training curricula, and leadership skill development.
- Become familiar with latest technology trends in the area of microprocessor, memory, FPGA and interface protocols.
- Responsible for execution of the section’s work scope on all programs.
- Section Manager will monitor individual performance, ensure estimates provided are executable, and risk and opportunities are identified and provided to program manager.
- Section Manager will review program performance progress monthly by reviewing the latest revised estimates (LREs) and Quarterly EACs with the hardware lead and select individuals. Section Manager will review or provide Estimates at Completion (EACs)
- Participate in milestone design reviews. SM will align resources such as product line Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Independent Reviewers (IRs) to support the design reviews.
- Ensure the Section is properly using the established processes and procedures.
- Participate in Business capture activities, bid package generation, and Basis of Estimates (BoE).
- Develop relationships with Program Managers and other Section Managers to ensure steady work assignments for direct reports.
- Responsible for developing best practices and design processes.
- Encourage and foster innovation and technology insertion into our product lines
- Perform as Hiring manager to increase talent base.
- Serve as a role model for behavior and conduct.
- A minimum of 10 years professional engineering experience as a designer and a minimum of 4 years Manager/Lead role
- Demonstrated task ownership and accountability
- Experience in project team leadership, including technical, budget, staffing, and schedule management
- Passion for coaching people, mentoring and encouraging career development
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Possess, or able to obtain, Secret security clearance and COMSEC clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience with satellite communications systems, including familiarity with security aspects of protected satellite communications systems
- Experience in cost estimation and metric collection
- Experience with Scrum / Agile execution and planning
- Experience in developing architectures based on high level requirements.
- Knowledge of modeling and simulation tools such as Saber, PSpice, LTSpice, or similar
- Experience with design tools such as HFSS, Mentor Graphics Xpedition or similar
- Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
- Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: Serial Rapid IO, VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX, and Gb Ethernet
- Experience using DOORs tool for requirements capture and flow-down.
- Six Sigma/process improvement experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.